Electricity is the lifeblood of any building, be it residential or commercial. Nothing can function without it. Therefore if you’re experiencing any electrical issues, you must immediately reach out to a reliable and efficient electrical contractor in Katy, TX.
Here’s what you must know when dealing with an electrical emergency and prevent it from becoming disruptive for your home and office.
1. What Is An Electrical Emergency?
Any issue with your electrical system is an alarming situation. It needs to be addressed as soon as possible to prevent any major mishaps. A power outage, sparks in the electrical appliances, smoke coming out from your electrical outlets, and flickering lights are all electrical emergencies and indicate that you need to contact an electrician immediately.
2. What Measures To Take When Experiencing An Emergency?
- The very first thing that you need to do is evacuate the area. Make sure everyone has left the vicinity. Protect your pets and kids during such a situation.
- Next, call for emergency electrical services in Katy, TX.
- Remove any rugs or carpets from the area as they can catch fire if there’s a spark.
- Remove any live wires in the area and switch off the main supply.
- Don’t try to fix things yourself. Wait for professional help to arrive and avoid touching anything.
3. Can’t I Just DIY It?
It’s not the best idea to handle electrical emergencies yourself. You must contact the professional and let them handle it as they are fully equipped with protective gear and the tools needed. They understand the severity of the situation better and can take necessary precautions immediately.
Trying to fix it yourself can be very dangerous for you. Over 400 electrocutions and 4000 non-fatal injuries are reported in the United States every year. Therefore it is better to get emergency electrical services in Katy, TX, than fixing it yourself.
4. How Can I Prevent An Emergency Situation In The Future?
- Get your electrical units serviced regularly. Maintaining them will help you identify an ugly situation quickly, and you can prevent it from turning into an emergency.
- Keep a check on your appliances’ health. Electrical appliances get worn out over the years, so it’s essential to keep an eye on them to know when it’s the right time to replace them. Malfunctioning appliances can also put a strain on your electrical bills.
- Get your houses and offices insulated and move towards green alternatives to cut down your utility bills and carbon emissions.
5. Who to Contact In Emergencies
If you have even the slightest of disruptions in your electrical systems, contact RHK Electrical immediately! Our team of electricians and technicians offer emergency electrical services from minor domestic repairs to large-scale commercial generator installations.
Contact us for more information.