Uninterruptible power supply allows for the emergency supply of power in cases of unexpected power outages.
A UPS will provide for instantaneous protection from input power interruptions—these are a type of continual power system.
These devices are relatively cheap compared to an electrical generator. Moreover, they are preferred over generators due to the fact that they don’t nearly produce as much sound as a generator would.
If your UPS unit has stopped working, here are a few things you can do to combat the issue.
Low Voltage Won’t Rise
If you find that your voltage is low and remains low even after hours of charging the device, then there may be a battery or circuit breakdown. Here’s how you troubleshoot the problem:
· Firstly, start by checking the input and output voltage of the charging circuit to see if it is normal
· If the input appears to be normal but the output does not, disconnect the battery and check again. If this doesn’t fix the issue, it could mean that the charging circuit is breaking down.
· However, if the issue is fixed after disconnecting the battery, this is indicative of the fact that the battery has been damaged.
No Display on the Panel
If this is something you’ve noticed, it means that there is a fault in the power input, battery and power detection.
Here is how you deal with the issue:
· Check if the power input fuse is burned out
· The fuse working normally means that you will have to check if the battery fuse has burned out.
· If this is not the case, you’ll have to check if the power detection circuit works normally—if not, then your UPS will have issues starting up.
· If the power detection circuit is working normally, you’ll have to check the battery voltage circuit.
By now, you may have gathered that troubleshooting UPS devices can be extremely tricky with loads of circuits and wires.
If you’re looking for electrical service to help you fix issues with your UPS, then head to RHK Electrical in Magnolia, TX. We offer 24/7 services and cater to all commercial and residential electrical needs in many locations in Texas including Woodlands and Katy.
To avail of our services, call them at +1 832 948 6019.