Research shows that Texas residents use 1175 (Kwh) of electricity per month, which is considerably higher than other states in the Southern region.
Energy bill comprises the cost of commodities like water, gasoline, oil, and electricity, and with the rising price of these utilities, saving money can be difficult
Fortunately, there are several changes you can make to lower your energy bill. Research shows that certain modifications to your lifestyle can reduce energy bills.
Let’s have a look at a few tips that residential electrical services in Cypress recommend to help you lower your energy bills.
- Leaking faucets should be repaired immediately, as they lead to high electricity consumption when connected to water heaters.
- Use tankless water heaters as they never run out of water and are more efficient in the long run.
- Install insulation around the water heater for lesser energy loss.
- It’s estimated that forevery10 degrees of reduction on a water heater thermostat, you can save up to 3-5% on energy costs.
B. HVAC (Heat Ventilation and Cooling)
- Installing an HVAC system of the right size in your home is the key to saving energy
- Inspecting duct system for proper insulation and leaks
- Furnace filters should be cleaned and replaced
- Improve your roofing by applying insulation and installing durable light-colored material
- Vents in the rooms should be closed when they aren’t in use.
C. Electrical Appliances
- Dishwashers and washing machines should only run when they’re loaded
- Keep the fridge stocked at all times, so you don’t waste energy on an empty fridge
- Spare appliances like extra televisions and refrigerators should be recycled or kept unplugged when not in use.
- Consider using Eco-friendly and energy-saving appliances
- Make it a habit to disconnect all electronic appliances and devices, including chargers, when not in use because they consume a substantial amount of power even when switched off
- Switch to LED light bulbs as diode light consumes 75% less electricity as compared to incandescent bulbs
If you’re looking to reduce your energy bills, lighting and electrical works are specific jobs that one may not be able to execute on their own. So allow our expert electricians in Cypress to modify and enhance your electrical fixtures so you can save up on those energy bills.
RHK Electrical provides 24/7, highly reliable electrical services in the Cypress, TX area. We also specialize in generator repair services and LED lighting.
Contact us now! If you’re a returning customer, become a member to avail a 10% discount.